Call it a Banana muffin? It’s a failure. Call it a Chocolate Chip Muffin? Its an absolute success because it’s so chcolatey. So, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin? Uhhh… Not quite. More like Chocolate Chip muffin this time. I guess i added too much Chocolate Chips into the batter. I like Banana Chocolate Chip muffin to havechunksof banana and some small amount of chocolate chips scattered around. I thought my bananas werent too mashed at first. I was expecting some chunks of bananas in the muffins but i guessed they were still too “mashed??’ Next time, I am going to up the bananas and throw in some additional sliced and unmashed bananas into the batter. I dont know if i’ll achieve my chunky bananas texture but i guess i’ll jst give it a go. If anybody knows, please let me know! The muffins were pretty moist even though there’s no sourcream/yoghurt/milk in the recipe. The Chocolate chip taste was too overpowering. But the good thing about it was that the chocolate chips were uniformly scattered in the muffin instead of sinking to the bottom. I mix the chocolate chips with a good amount of flour and folded the chocolate chips together with the flour into the rest of batter. I guess this trick works almost everytime.
Ingredients: [ Recipe taken from Laura Vitale] Makes 12 Muffins
½ Cup of Vegetable Oil
100g of Sugar
3 Mashed Bananas
¼ tsp of Vanilla Extract
200g Cake flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp of Baking Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Cinnamon
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and 3 tbsp of flour and mix until all the chocolate chips are coated in the flour. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl add the first 5 ingredients and mix until all combined.
4) Add the flour and baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, whisk until all combined.
5) Fold in the chocolate chip and flour mixture.
6) Using a large ice cream scoop divide the batter into your muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes.
I tried to make some streusel toppings on 3 of the muffins. Hmmm i wld say i have to try it again… Nevertheless, you can check out the recipe for the streusel toppings here.