Ice Cream palours are on the rise now. In the past, there’s only the popular few; Haagen Daz, Anderson’s etc… A couple of years later, Island Creamery and Udders were trending within my circle of friends. Before i realize, there are so many palours everywhere right now. Competition is fierce and the icecream( ie: Teh Tarik, horlicks, Bandung, caramel, etc…) they offer are more or less similar in every palour. Despite so many unique flavours coming up, my favourites are still Rum n Raisin from Haagen Daaz and Strawberry Cheesecake from BnJ. I like the rest too!! So, this is my 1st home-made icecream: Tobelrone icercream from Small Small Baker. At first, i was pretty doubtful about making icecream without a maker. But after seeing so many fantastic reviews i decided to give it a go. Get the original recipe from Small small baker! The color of the pics i saw was light brown. Unfortunately, this toblerone icecream melts very easily. Does anybody know why? I am trying to figure it out too. I thinkcchocolate chips doesnt really work well here. The chocolate chips are too hard. :< Ohya, I just bought an icecream maker on groupon last week for 29.90 instead of 79.90. Good deal? It will only be available for collection in a month’s time. Cant wait to collect and make more icecream. :>
3 egg yolks
1 tsp corn flour
170g fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g toblerone chocolate (or cooking chocolate)
220g non-dairy whipping cream
50g chocolate chips
1. Beat egg yolks, sugar and corn flour until sugar has dissolved and pale.
2. Add in fresh milk, vanilla essence and toblerone chocolate. Double boil the mixture and stir and cook at low heat until chocolate has melted and slightly thicken. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3. Whisk non-dairy whipping cream until stiff and fold into the cooled milk mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Pour into a container and freeze overnight. Whisk the mixture again until smooth and freeze until set