Chocolate is our all time favourite but at times when we are going for something lighter and refreshing, do consider strawberry cupcake! I baked this together with Green Tea Cupcakes for Wanping’s 19th! I love this cupcake. Its moist, light and fluffy. The strawberry frosting tasted like icecream.
Recipe ( Adapted from Cupcakes with attitude- makes 12-13 cupcakes)
Cake flour- 165g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Full cream milk 4 tbsp
vanilla extract 1 tsp
sugar 180 g
Egg 1 large
Egg White ( from 2 large eggs)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt tgt
3. Process strawberries in a blender to get 100g of puree
combine milk, vanilla extract and strawberry puree in a small bowl and set aside
4. Cream Butter in an electric mixer for a few mins and gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined
5. Add egg and \egg whites
6. Add half the mixture prepared in 2, followed by strawberry mixture in 4. COntinue beating and add the remaining flour mixture and continue to bat until batter is well mixed.
7. spoon batter into cupcake and bake for 20-25 mins.
8. Remove cupcakes from tray and place them o a cooling rack to cool.
9. Pipe strawberry buttercream on top of cupcakes and top with slices of strawberries.
Salt a pinch
VANILLA EXTRACT 1/4 tsp
ICING SUGAR 200G
1. Process strawberries in blender to get 4 tbsp of strawberries puree and set aside.
2. Beat butter/Vegetable shortening for 2-3 mins and set aside.
3. Add icing sugar and mix until ingredients are well combined.
4. Gradually add pureed strawberry 1 tbsp at a time and stop until you achieved the desired consistency.