These are my Scottish Almond Shortbread. (Apart from the calories,) Shortbread is definitely one of my favourite snack. I love the buttery and a slight pinch of milky taste of this almond shortbread. Next time, I’ll up the almond so it’ll be more crunchy! If you prefer a strong almond flavour,you may want to add more ground almond. I was so excited to see my Almond Scottish Shortbread that I did not refrigerate the dough until firm before sending them into the oven. Refrigerating the dough until firm enables you to cut them into interesting shapes with a cookie cutter. I merely baked them in an 8inch square tin and cut them into little cubes for easy distribution and to fit my containers!!
125g butter cup canola gold butter
85g icing sugar
190g plain flour
75g corn flour
60g ground almond
1/2 tbsp milk powder
Chopped Toasted whole almond. ( I used sliced almond)
– Preheat oven to 170 degree C
– Mix A until well blended
– Add in B until well blended
– Toss in C until well incorporated.
– Line yr 8 inch square tin w parchment paper and lightly grease it.
– Pour yr batter into the tin and use a knife to slice the batter into yr desired shapes that you intend to divide later. – Pop them into the preheated oven and bake them for 25-30 mins/ until slightly golden brown.
– Run your knife along the lines you have sliced previously.
– Leave it to cool for about 15-30 mins before removing them from the tin. (if not, they will fall apart! )
Alternatively, click here for my plain traditional shortbread recipe!