This is my first steamed cake and i m really satisfied with it. It is very moist and Chocolatey. I’ve got this recipe from Peng’s Kitchen. However I cant get the chocolate ganach right despite trying twice. Both times failed because it turned out too watery. Nevertheless, this chocolate cake was good enough. It was just the right amont of sweetness. Do give it a go because it’s rly good. ^^
- 150g unsalted butter
- 170g fine sugar
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g plain flour
- 70g cocoa powder (I used Valrhona Brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till smooth. (Batter should be runny).
- Heat up the steamer. Lined and grease a 7″ baking pan. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place into the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 45 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done. If not, steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning out for frosting.